dijous, de setembre 15, 2005

oy vey

Uuuuuh... Nothing much to report today. Checked out some books from the arch. library today: one on Palladio and another on Renzo Piano. I saw a dead bat in the grass near the studio yesterday, and it made me sad. Started to watch Bush's speech in New Orleans, but soon realized I would gain absolutely nothing by seeing it to it's conclusion so i changed the channel in pursuit of tastier fare. I think I did well on my calculus quiz today, thank god. The daily show comes on in 19 minutes; i will NOT miss it. Going home this weekend to see my brother and some firends I haven't seen in almost a month. Also, my membership to the museum of fine arts expires at the end of the month, so i really wanna get lit and go look at some art one last time for free. The architecture of the museum is really nice: Mies Van Der Rohe on one side of Main, and on the other, Rafael Moneo. My favorite part has got to be the tunnel that goes under the street linking the two. They got James Turrell to do a permanent installation that turns the passage across the street into a magical journey (if you're high). I might stop by the Menil if there's anything new on... I will be bringing my vestment home with me, so as not to get behind. I cut who knows how many little v's in it today, which later i will make pretty. It's so much easier to just put a picture up later than to try and explain. OH! heres a video I made by accident, really. I was just bored and decided to film the quasi-homeless guys who sell newspapers by my mom's place. The music makes it, though.

Before you slip into unconsciousness
I’d like to have another kiss
Another flashing chance at bliss
Another kiss, another kiss

The days are bright and filled with pain
Enclose me in your gentle rain
The time you ran was too insane
We’ll meet again, we’ll meet again

Oh tell me where your freedom lies
The streets are fields that never die
Deliver me from reasons why
You’d rather cry, I’d rather fly

The crystal ship is being filled
A thousand girls, a thousand thrills
A million ways to spend your time
When we get back, I’ll drop a line

.......................................
Sorry, I decided to bore you with some of my own photoshopped pics today:


Okay, so the last one isn't photoshopped, but whatever...