dilluns, d’octubre 24, 2005

My last design project went well. Someone actually used the word 'gorgeous' to which I tiredly mumbled "thanks." In retrospect, i think that person deserved a big smile. My design prof. said it was 'awesome' then subtly scolded me for painting it. I really didn't know we weren't supposed to. Although, with every project, i have been reluctant to ask questions about specifically what we can or cannot do, that way I can be genuinely ignorant when the final review comes along and i've done something i probably shouldn't have.
I actually understood something in calculus today and was subsequently elated. It has also cooled down quite a bit, which kicks serious ass. And so now i get to go shopping for warm clothes, because i have none.
this weekend is parent weekend, and i look forward to at least two free meals in restaurants. YES. oh, and i'll get to see my... uh, family.
In design today we FINISHED the discussion from last friday, and so basically we sat around while Riley (prof.) and Jared (DA) talked about the remaining projects. It's interesting and informative to a point, but one can only be talked at for so long before he starts to imagine how he would kill himself in each project (they were spaces designed for human activity). That proved to be mildly entertaining, but the experience was still mind-numbing as always. One of these days i'll get around to taking pics of these things so you people can see.
My friend gave me a copy of the Requiem for a dream soundtrack. I'll play it if i ever need to cry, throw myself off the roof, or run out of the room screaming. I have mixed emotions about that movie. On the one hand, i must cocnede it's greatness, and on the other hand, it's just so fucking disturbing. BUT, after watching it, I am always (yes, i've watched it multiple times) left with a renewed appreciation for how good I have it. YOU PROMISED ME EVERYTHING WOULD BE ALLRIGHT!! Pi is excellent as well, and it was arronofsky's (sp?) first movie, i think.
I finished Lunar Park; def. Ellis' best novel. READ IT. I have started Thermal Delight as well as Chuck Palahniuk's new one, Haunted.
And now i'm listening to Elliot Smith. I think i would cry if I lost my ipod. I might actually have to listen to... minutiae as i walk around campus. *Shudders.
okay, i think that's enough for now.
UVUVUVUVUVUVUVU
The man in me will do nearly any task,
And as for compensation, there's little he would ask.
Take a woman like you
To get through to the man in me.

Storm clouds are raging all around my door,
I think to myself I might not take it any more.
Take a woman like your kind
To find the man in me.

But, oh, what a wonderful feeling
Just to know that you are near,
Sets my a heart a-reeling
From my toes up to my ears.

The man in me will hide sometimes to keep from bein' seen,
But that's just because he doesn't want to turn into some machine.
Took a woman like you
To get through to the man in me.
YIYIYIYIYIYIYIYIYIYIY
i'm running out of photos to show you. dammit
This is my date and me before prom. Yes, my hair is pink.


scultura en el museo de bellas artes

Rice

Kites