dimarts, d’octubre 18, 2005

Matame, dios.



Well for a while there I thought it was fall... Silly me, i forgot that this is Texas, and the weather here is more fickle than a woman. College is chuggin along. I went to a meeting for an educational trip to Tuscany this summer that would probably cost around $7,000. It might happen...
I bought a book that Larry Speck wrote, and i will ask him to sign it one of these days after class.
Months later, i'm still pissed at losing my $115 pocket knife. I wish so badly that I could blame it on our maid. grr.
I've been informed that my family and I will be going up to Toronto (Instead of St. Lucia, goddammit) for about a week in december and so i'm excited. Hopefully it will be covered in snow and unbearably cold. I have a huge christmas break, over a month.
Bret Easton Ellis' new novel, 'Lunar Park', is good; i've been reading it while I should be reading 'Thermal Delight in Architecture' for larry's class, but...
I've killed 2 tubes of Pringles in 2 days. Call it a 'fuck you' to the arteries.
I discovered that the convenience store in jester (my building) carries pure cane Dr. Pepper (Dr. Pepper w/ pure cane sugar as opposed to corn syrup), and I am DELIGHTED.
This morning i saw a black guy wearing an old wig. It was long straight black hair that had been dyed hot pink, but it was old and in several places you could see the fabric underneath. I was standing behind him as we waited to cross the street, and he put his hand down the back of his pants and left it there for at least a minute. I could see his crack. I wanted to barf and then kill him.
Austin is FULL of little oddities like that.
Dooby dooby doo. I could go for a doobie...

*************************
time takes it's crazy toll
and how does your mirror grow
you better watch yourself when you jump into it,
cuz the mirror's gonna steal your soul
i wonder how it came to be my friend
that someone just like you has come again
never, never know how close you came
until you fall in love with the diamond ring

you throw all his trash away
look out he's here to stay
your mirrors gonna crack when he breaks into it
and you'll never, never be the same
look into his eyes and you can see
why all the little kids are dressed in dreams
i wonder how he's gonna make it back
when he sees that you just know it's make believe

blood crystallized to sand
and now i hope you understand
you reflect into his looking glass soul
and now the mirror is your only friend
look into his eyes and you will see
that men are not alone on the diamond sea
sail into the heart of the lonely storm
and tell her that you'll love her eternally

time takes its crazy toll
mirror fallin' off the wall
you better look out for the looking glass girl
'cause she's gonna take you for a fall
look into his eyes and you shall see
why everything is quiet and nothing's free
I wonder how he's gonna make her smile
when love is running wild on the diamond sea
####################
This is an 'Architectural Record' article about a firm made up of UT profs. (one of which was mine):
(click and zoom to read)



Dallas is good for SOMETHING: