diumenge, d’octubre 30, 2005

have you ever been to Poughkeepsie?

The French Connection is an excellent film.
went to a really big party on Friday. Lots of people dancing in a room with a floor that was soaked with beer. My Pumas are now in terrible shape. I used to want to live in a co-op. Not anymore. Amy feels the same way, she says that these parties are indicative of the average co-op dweller's values: they let homeless people into their parties i.e. they think that hobos are real people and not the animals they actually are. I'm reticent to agree, but in the end i must. Its funny how the bohemian atmosphere in Austin, that is downtown and around campus, makes the bums blend in more easily, and thus, less of a scourge on my day-to-day experience.
I went on a little bullshit tour of the SoA yesterday with my dad, then we had mediocre barbecue in the gym that reminds me of a synagogue. My dad also bought me a sweatshirt and a burnt orange t-shirt, because i didn't have anything in that color and i felt left out.
I love christopher walken, he's just so neat, and although I have a link to his campaign website, i wouldn't vote for him. As if he has a chance at winning. I hope he doesn't become too popular and help to put some conservative jackass into office the way nader did in 2000. That was bad.
This quarter, Exxonmobil earned $9.9B, Shell did 9.3. This is roughly $100M per day.
Roy sent me a bunch of audio clips of HAL's voice (from '2001') and so i replaced the default noises that my computer makes with things like: "just what do you think you're doing, Dave?" and "i'm afraid, dave, i'm afraaaid." Its neato.
I think i should watch that again, or atleast my favorite part.
I have a design project due tommorrow, and i haven't started. Fuckin shit.
If i get one more drunken phonecall, i swear i'm gonna go kick a dog or something.
My brother closed on his house last friday and is currently in the process of moving. And to think that at one point my father thought that this brother (the younger of the two) was a bigger loser than the older one. We now know that is definitely not the case.
Amy had an ipod mini and no music, so she was sad. Then she came over to my room and i filled her ipod with random selections from my musical stock. I recently broke 1700 songs, and it was good. But its still not enough. I need more music, i have an insatiable appetite for the stuff.
okay, well thats all i can think of

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIhatepeople
Hello.
Is there anybody in there?
Just nod if you can hear me.
Is there anyone home?

Come on, now.
I hear you’re feeling down.
Well I can ease your pain,
Get you on your feet again.

Relax.
I need some information first.
Just the basic facts:
Can you show me where it hurts?

There is no pain, you are receding.
A distant ship’s smoke on the horizon.
You are only coming through in waves.
Your lips move but I can’t hear what you’re sayin’.
When I was a child I had a fever.
My hands felt just like two balloons.
Now I got that feeling once again.
I can’t explain, you would not understand.
This is not how I am.
I have become comfortably numb.

Ok.
Just a little pinprick. [ping]
There’ll be no more --aaaaaahhhhh!
But you may feel a little sick.

Can you stand up?
I do believe it’s working. good.
That’ll keep you going for the show.
Come on it’s time to go.

There is no pain, you are receding.
A distant ship’s smoke on the horizon.
You are only coming through in waves.
Your lips move but I can’t hear what you’re sayin’.
When I was a child I caught a fleeting glimpse,
Out of the corner of my eye.
I turned to look but it was gone.
I cannot put my finger on it now.
The child is grown, the dream is gone.
I have become comfortably numb.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOhmygod



Two people who have created stuff that i adore:

1 comentari:

Anònim ha dit...

HAHAHA sorry about the drunken phone call...I wanted to hear the voicemail again.