dimarts, de juliol 24, 2007

I am big, it's the pictures that got small



I just watched Sunset Boulevard. I was watching a video of David Lynch talking about what movies he loved and he mentioned the work of Billy Wilder, specifically SB, so i rented it. I liked it a lot. I love being familiar only with an actor's later work and then seeing them as a young man in an earlier role; I had heretofore only seen William Holden in Network (one of my all time faves) and The Towering Inferno.
I raised over $2,000 at work last night, my best shift so far. Last night I also started No Country For Old Men, which I finished today. I really liked it, and I am anxious to see the movie, as the book did not have what I would consider to be a "thriller" ending.
The Crying Of Lot 49 was also pretty good, I think Pynchon has a thing (a penchant?) for global conspiracies that go back years and years. Next I will read Steinbeck's The Pastures Of Heaven. I think I've read 10 of his novels already, so I'm sort of scraping the bottom of the barrel, not that I doubt I will like the book.
Over the weekend Amy and I visited The Station as well as the Contemporary Arts Museum, both of which had some really cool new stuff on show. We also went to an open house for a new little block of townhouses, and it was very nice. I especially liked the 4th floor balcony with a downtown view.