dilluns, d’abril 16, 2007



I'm calling parents of students at work now. It's not bad because they are usually willing to give, and much more willing to chat. I almost shit when I saw that one guy's dad gave $10,000 to the school last year. He didn't answer the phone, though.
I wrote several haikus during shift tonight, some of which I will try to regurgitate:

My stomach bubbles
A slow rumblin' down below

I fear for my life

Stuffed jalape
ños
Deliciously filled with cheese
Fried to perfection


There were more but I can't recall them. I don't consider myself a poet, not even close, but I do love the Haiku. Something about being confined to a set number of syllables. All I do is think about what the haiku will be about then I just count on my fingers until I've got it right. It's a lot of fun; I should do it more often.
I'm almost through with Gravity's Rainbow. It's good, and very funny. Pynchon's style is bizarre, very digressive. At times it seems that the book lacks a coherent plot, but overall it is an enjoyable experience.



Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
Where have you been?
It's alright we know where you've been.
You've been in the pipeline, filling in time,
Provided with toys and 'Scouting for Boys'.
You bought a guitar to punish your ma,
And you didn't like school, and you
know you're nobody's fool,
So welcome to the machine.

Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
What did you dream?
It's alright we told you what to dream.
You dreamed of a big star,
He played a mean guitar,
He always ate in the Steak Bar.
He loved to drive in his Jaguar.
So welcome to the Machine.




This website has some funny shit.
a sampling: