dijous, de febrer 15, 2007

Kennewhat?


I spoke to my father on the phone today and he told me that for the [family] summer vacation we will be going to Kennebunkport, Maine. Instead of Maui. Hawaii.
At first I was just plain confused, and a little disappointed that I wouldn't be seeing the Pacific this year. But I think Kennebunkport will be great. I will have to get a pair of boat shoes, some seersucker shorts, and several polos, all in bright colors. I really don't know what to make of this choice for a vacay destination (my stepmom visited Maine as a child). I mean, we're doing all right, but we are certainly not rich, and certainly not New Englanders. I will enjoy it nonetheless, and am pretty much just as excited as I was about Maui. We will fly into Boston, where we will stay for a couple days (before or after is TBA), then drive up to Kennebunkport. Such a long name. I looked up the Bush house online, and found which part of the beach it's on, though there appears to be three residences on Walker's Point, so I'll have to do a little more research to find out where to leave the sack of rotting potatoes.
In other news, Roy and I have made some more plans for our euro-trip. We are going to stay in a hostel, as the savings will be tremendous. We plan to make side-trips to Brussels, Rotterdam, Utrecht, and maybe The Hague, if only so Roy can bathe in the glory of Jeroen's throne. Hostels can be quite noisy I hear, so we will have to drink ourselves to oblivion every night in order to get any sleep.
My mom still has nightmares about the movie Hostel, so I wasn't surprised when she asked me today if we would really save that much money.
I watched Night Watch tonight, and am very disappointed that I will have to wait two years for the sequel and even longer for the one succeeding that.
I'm reading Camus's The Plague. It's good.

Demasiado italicization?




A candy-colored clown they call the sandman
Tiptoes to my room every night
Just to sprinkle stardust and to whisper
Go to sleep. everything is all right.

I close my eyes, then I drift away
Into the magic night. I softly say
A silent prayerlike dreamers do.
Then I fall asleep to dream my dreams of you.

In dreams I walk with you. in dreams I talk to you.
In dreams youre mine. all of the time were together
In dreams, in dreams.



But just before the dawn, I awake and find you gone.
I cant help it, I cant help it, if I cry.
I remember that you said goodbye.

Its too bad that all these things, can only happen in my dreams
Only in dreams in beautiful dreams.




I thought this was neat, it's a simplified map of the US interstate highway system:




1 comentari:

Unknown ha dit...

Don't you mean usurp jeroen's throne?