dilluns, de febrer 13, 2006

and now the weekend has come to a close.
I don't know what to say.
My dad informs me that we are going to Grand Cayman this summer, ostensibly for the diving, and he wants both of us to get advance diver certification before the trip. That ought to be fun. We have never gone anywhere "exotic" for vacation as a family, so this is going to be pretty cool. i hope.
My poor little nephew is having surgery this weekend, so my family is coming up to spicewood (near Austin) to take some of the load off the ole caretakers. Free restaurant meal, here i come.
Armando and i are getting an apartment next year; i'm soooo happy that i won't be living in a dorm again. We will meet with an agent this weekend.
Dick Cheney Shot someone.
I need to get a haircut.
I want to meet Noam Chomsky.
Roy and I are toying with the idea of driving to Ixtapa (on the southern coast of Mexico) for spring break, but by and by I think we (well, I) won't be able to afford it. I miss the pacific like a masochist misses a good spanking.
This semester is apparently the semester of peculiar old men: i have them for physics, psychology and design, my prof. for survey is a bit peculiar, but not old. He's great, though.
We are going to Dallas/Fort Worth this friday to see some good architecture. On the agenda: the Nasher, The Kimbell, MAMFW, and a house by Richard Meier. It should be pretty cool, even though (seen from space at night) DFW looks like a giant cock and balls. Yes, it does, just check out the highway that rings dallas, then goes over and around fort worth.
Anyhoo, things are going well and i can't complain.
()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

My my, hey hey
Rock and roll is here to stay
It's better to burn out
Than to fade away
My my, hey hey.

Out of the blue
and into the black
They give you this,
but you pay for that
And once you're gone,
you can never come back
When you're out of the blue
and into the black.

The king is gone
but he's not forgotten
This is the story
of a Johnny Rotten
It's better to burn out
than it is to rust
The king is gone
but he's not forgotten.

Hey hey, my my
Rock and roll can never die
There's more to the picture
Than meets the eye.
Hey hey, my my.

)()()()()()()()()()(
my Andy Goldsworthy Pastiche:
its still there, apparently entertaining/confusing passers-by

Thanks, Armando, you are a true friend: