diumenge, de novembre 06, 2005

oh no

You might have noticed in the last week or so that I deleted my other blog. I made it out of sheer frustration and a bit of disdain, and have deleted it in sorrowful shame. If you don't know what I'm talking about, then you needn't read the rest of this.
Making that blog was very mean, and I sincerely apologize. Now that i find my life in it's current pathetic state (i seriously think i need a regular dose of prozac) i realized that for me to sit up on an exalted pedestal and look down my nose at someone else was the epitome of hypocrisy, and now i feel like shit.

not sure how appropriate this is (i know you like Becquer, who doesn't?), but whatEVER:

Como se arranca el hierro de una herida
Su amor de las entrañas me arranqué,
¡Aunque sentí al hacerlo que la vida
Me arrancaba con él!.

Del altar que le alcé en el alma mía
La voluntad su imagen arrojó,
Y la luz de la fe que en ella ardía
Ante el ara desierta se apagó.

Aún turbando en la noche el firme empeño
Vive en la idea la visión tenaz
¡Cuándo podré dormir con ese sueño
En que acaba el soñar!.

1 comentari:

Anònim ha dit...

I really like that poem. I think I read it in High School.