dilluns, d’octubre 10, 2005

BLARG

Finally autumn has come; i can now walk about campus in pants and shoes (as opposed to shorts and flip-flops, pervert), AMAZING. UT beat the crap out of OU this weekend and despite my apathy toward competitive sport, I must admit some small amount of elation from the victory. Oklahoma is what I call a fly-over state; the closest you'd ever want to come to it is 30,000 feet above in an airplane. Tulsa is actually pretty nice, though, but the rest is, uh... well, just go and see for yourself.
As usual, design and viscomm have me working long hours, we get to use photoshop for our current design project, and i used it for the viscomm one as well. I think I will buy adobe Creative Suite 2, which we can get at a steep discount. I currently have a pirated version of PhotoShop 7.0, which is adequate, but whatevah.
This weekend was okay, I went out to dinner on fri. to celebrate my friend's birthday, then we all went to this lame-ass party way the hell up on 183, but i didn't drive, so it's all good. The rest was lots of sleep and television, as well as the occasional drunken phonecall from friends.
I totally bombed my calculus test last week, but i found out that the prof. only gives Ds and Fs to people who fail miserably on everything, so i think I will be alright. I'm still going to get a tutor, though.
I passed Larry Speck on the sidewalk last week; he was carrying a broken umbrella in the rain. He has an odd habit of always wearing a suit, with a shirt buttoned all the way up, sans tie. He's very sauve, but without a tie, his shirts just look a tad silly. His test last week was a breeze, btw. I bought a book he wrote, and i can't wait to get it and have him sign it. Fun to the max...
][][][][][][][][][][
I'd rather be a sparrow than a snail.
Yes I would.
If I could,
I surely would.
I'd rather be a hammer than a nail.
Yes I would.
If I only could,
I surely would.

Away, I'd rather sail away
Like a swan that's here and gone
A man gets tied up to the ground
He gives the world
Its saddest sound,
Its saddest sound.

I'd rather be a forest than a street.
Yes I would.
If I could,
I surely would.

I'd rather feel the earth beneath my feet,
Yes I would.
If I only could,
I surely would.
FZFZFZFZFZFZFZFZFZFUZZ